To successfully setup your FIXD account, and FIXD sensor, you will need to check the following items:
- Make sure your vehicle is compatible
- Vehicles that are 1996 and newer AND sold in the US are compatible
- Vehicles that are 2006 and newer that are sold elsewhere are compatible
- Diesel vehicles are compatible from 2008 and after
- Make sure you have a compatible device
- iPhones and iPads with operating system 11.4 and beyond are compatible
- Android devices with operating system 4.4 and beyond are compatible
- Make sure you have a strong cellular connection
- Most of the app functionality requires 3 bars of data connection
- Some wifi signals are not strong enough outdoors so disconnecting may be necessary
Once you have checked these items, you are ready to get connected! Please follow these steps and contact email@example.com if you have any trouble!
- Download the FIXD app:
- Turn Bluetooth on: Do not pair with the sensor in the bluetooth settings. Turn your bluetooth on through your phone’s settings for an automatic pairing process.
- Register an account in the FIXD app.
- Select your repair preference and make sure you enable the maintenance reminders!
- Select "I have a FIXD sensor"
- Input the sensor code found on the back of the sensor (ex: CV11111)
- Locate the OBD-II port: In the vast majority of cars, it is on the driver side under the dashboard, just above the pedals. Once installed, you can leave the FIXD sensor plugged in while you drive. If you cannot find the port, contact support, or go to fixdapp.com/find-my-port.
- Plug the sensor into the OBD-II port: Check to see if a blue light flashes on your sensor when you plug it in. The blue light means that the device is properly connected, so if you do not see it, let us know!
- Tap to add the sensor: The FIXD app will scan for a nearby sensor, and your sensor should appear on your screen.
- Name the sensor: We recommend that you name your sensor after the vehicle to which it is connected.
- Turn your car on: Leave it running for 5 seconds before trying to connect.
Once your account, sensor and vehicle is registered, you can tap to scan for the check engine light! If you get stuck, or run into any issues, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We are happy to help!